Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Long Sleeved Tees -- LOVE 'EM!

I have been T-shirting all week using Kwik Sew Pattern No. 2900, its definitely a tried and true favorite.  I selected the round neck and use the long sleeves.

Now, I have 4 new long-sleeved T-shirts: peach, blue, yellow and orange.  And, since I can get the knit fabric for $2.79 at my local Jenny's Fabric Store, there will be several more to come in the near future.  The only concern is shrinkage.  I am sure this is why the fabric is so inexpensive but, knowing that up front,  I simply make the T-shirts and the sleeves EXTRA long.  When they've been washed and gone through the dryer, they are perfect.

Its great to be thrifty and productive. Also, I like seeing those new tops in my sweater drawer which are nice for every day and, can be styled with the appropriate accessories to dress up for church.

Now, I'm fortified to tackle my next challenge, cutting into that expensive fabric I got from The Cloth Merchants -- can I do it?  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment