Monday, February 7, 2011

Will I Ever Be Well Again?

I have been sick with some kind of virus for several weeks and it is STILL hanging in there. 

My sewing sits waiting for me to be able to concentrate long enough to do something with it but, I don't want to make a mess so --- not yet.

Yesterday, I wanted to get out of the house for a little while so, I went on to Church.  I wore one of my recently made outfits, a wine boucle jacket made with Kwik Sew 3680 and matching boucle fabric straight pencil skirt made with an old TNT skirt pattern See & Sew 5378.   I happened to see myself in the full wall size mirror hanging on the wall in the bathroom at church.  OH MERCY!  Talk about hideous.  I did not realize just what an enormously overweight cow I have become.  And, the boucle fabric did nothing to slenderize.  This too has set me off my sewing a bit. 

So, while I spend the day sneezing and blowing my nose, I will consume only "lite" hot chicken soup and, I will try walking in the sunshine for some exercise and fresh air.

Also, I have put a full-length mirror to go on the back of our bedroom door on my shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment