Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gotta Get Back in the Saddle!

Finally, I am well again.  It is high time for me to get back into my sewing projects that have been waiting patiently.  Also, after seeing myself in that huge wall mirror at church, I have got to get serious about my weight and become skinny penny once again!  I DO NOT want to make elephant size clothes.

A new order of fabric arrived yesterday from The Cloth Merchants and it is so beautiful.  Too bad its only half as much as I need.  I did not know that some stores are selling their fabric now using unit pricing, instead of simply selling by the yard.  This old dog was forced to learn a new trick.  SO, I will have to place a second order to get the rest of the material I need to complete the planned projects.  I'm still living and learning.

As I get back into the saddle, the project I am going to begin working on is a long jacket (McCalls 5938).  The pattern has instructions that don't make any sense to me so, I am going to ignore the pattern instructions and see what happens.  Thank God for my sewing books from Claire Schaeffer and Sandra Betzina to help get me through.

Until next time -- as you go, sing and sew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment